So then, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you may do, do all for the honor and glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31
A family faces a sudden job loss. A dad becomes disabled. A car breakdown keeps mom from work. A young woman in recovery needs a dress blazer for a job interview. A fire takes everything from a family. A mother becomes a single parent because of death, desertion, divorce or domestic abuse. A generational caretaker has new medical issues that impact caring for grandchildren.
For almost forty years, Good Shepherd Center has had a calling to minister to our neighbors in Monroe County – providing a core of essential services to meet daily needs. Food, clothing, household items, among other basic items – and guidance in managing the many challenges of life.
We are also able to recalibrate services for Clients to meet unexpected needs as life circumstances can shift suddenly, sometimes overnight.
Right Now. More than Ever.
In the current economic national landscape – with historic inflation driving up food, gas prices, clothing, school and basic household items – now more than ever before, many of our Monroe County neighbors can face a newfound situation that offers challenges beyond their control requiring compassion and real-world right-now help.
serving monroe county
one box a month per family
- Each Box has a set amount of food per people in hous
hold (2 tiered: 1-3 members and 4+ members)
– Dry goods assortment, fresh fruits and vegetables,
sweets, printed recipes
- Box can be customized for specific life circumstances: hygiene products, pet food, birthday cake, etc.
- Child Friendly Food Box when school is out of session
providing a peaceful shopping environment
- Three articles of clothing per family member, per month
- Coats/winter outerwear
- Personal hygiene products upon request
- Diapers upon request
- Dishes/Pots and Pans/Flatware
- When available:
– Space Heaters
– Small Applicances
Household Support Services
- Budgeting assistanc
- Utility bill vouchers (Ft. Loudoun
- Electric Cooperative per specific Center guidelines)
- Telephone assistance with Safe-Link
- Mortgage assistance (with foreclosure notice. We cannot provide Rent assistance)
- Vouchers for doctor or dental visits
- Free eye exams and eye glasses
- Help with prescriptions
- Medical supplies: walkers, canes, wheelchairs, etc.
- No cost transportation via ETHRA to medical appointments
Mental Health Counseling & Spiritual Ministry
- Non-denominational spiritual counseling
- Mental health personal counseling
- Elder abuse counseling and services
- Referral to shelters for abused women and children
- Addiction rehabilitation referrals
House Fire Victim
fire report required
- Emergency housing (short-term hotel lodging)
- Dishes/ Pots and Pans/Flatware
- Other household items as available